The adventure kicks off in fabulous style as guests board a private jet from Bangkok to Phuket, before being whisked by chauffeur-driven limo to Villa Similan – the largest of the resort’s 15 ultra-luxurious residences. Perched high on a hill with ocean and jungle views, this lavish eight-bedroom property oozes suave sophistication and comes with a live-in butler and an on-call private chef and spa therapist.
Featuring a chic indoor-outdoor design with freestanding bedrooms and living spaces, the villa has an elevated roof terrace, 22-metre infinity pool and massage room. A glass-clad wine room leads to the pièce de résistance: a 007-esque ‘man cave’ complete with leather sofas, an antique carved billiards table and ‘the’ legendary golden gun.
Used by the film’s villain Francisco Scaramanga, the custom-built pistol famously consisted of several innocuous golden objects – a cufflink (trigger), gas lighter (bullet chamber), fountain pen (barrel) and cigarette case (handle) – so that it could be easily smuggled. Guests have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to handle this fabled weapon during a wine tasting with Anantara’s wine guru, before retiring to the terrace for a specially prepared dinner.
Back at the villa, guests can develop their Ninja skills with a private Muay Thai boxing lesson. They can then soak up the views over the Andaman Sea as their butler serves 007’s signature dry Martini cocktail (shaken, not stirred) before heading to the cinema room for a private viewing of vintage James Bond films, reliving the iconic secret service agent’s escapades as he outwits nemeses around the world.
For further information visit: www.phuket-residences.anantara.com.
The Experience includes:
- Return one-way private jet flight from Bangkok to Phuket for up to seven people
- Chauffeur-driven limousine return transfer to Anantara Layan Phuket
- Exclusive use of Villa Similan for three nights with breakfast (sleeping up to 16)
- Wine tasting, including the chance to handle the golden gun and dinner on the terrace
- Luxury cruise around Phang Nga Bay, including free-flowing champagne and gourmet barbecue
- Cocktail night at the villa with private viewing of James Bond films
- Private Muay Thai boxing lesson
- Prices start from 1,100,000 THB for two people excluding tax and service